Wow! Sparklers Can Be As Hot As 1800 Degrees!

Watching fireworks is one of the best parts of an Independence Day celebration, but thousands of people are injured each Independence Day due to firework burns. The safest thing you can do is to leave the fireworks displays to the experts. However, if you choose to set them off yourself, check out the following before grabbing the lighter:
Fireworks Safety
• Ask your police dept. to make sure fireworks are legal in your community
• Never let children play with fireworks
o Even sparklers can reach 1800 degrees and are the number one cause of injuries associated with fireworks
• Keep your pets inside and away from fireworks
• Place a bucket of water, hose or water bottles near
• Avoid fireworks completely if it’s a windy day when sparks carry a longer distance
• Use open areas to set off fireworks and point them away from homes, other structures, trees and flammable material

Burn Care

Unfortunately, injuries occur every year, so it’s better to be prepared during your holiday than to be sorry afterwards. If you plan on setting off fireworks, follow these simple steps:
• Take a First-Aid Kit with you
• Pick up a few bottles of water for hydration and to clean and cool a burn
• If a burn happens:
o Cool the burned area with water for a minute or two
o Cover the burn with a clean, sterile dressing
o Never use sticky bandages that adhere to the skin, making the burn worse
o If the burn is larger than a quarter, seek medical attention
We hope these few tips help you feel prepared before celebrating July 4th. Please remember that if you experience any property damage caused by water, fire, mold or storms, Call Paul! We’re available round the clock for all your restoration, reconstruction and remodeling needs.
Happy 4th of July!
-From your friends at Paul Davis