How Can I Repair Smoke Damage?
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, such as smoke and soot, that are just as harmful. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and soot can seriously damage walls that weren’t burned by flames. A fire can have deep-rooted and catastrophic both to your family and your home.
The technicians from Paul Davis understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why our experts in smoke and soot are here to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us immediately. We’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damages to your home.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Your home can undergo serious soot damage without a major fire breaking out. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your HVAC system to stop spreading smoke.
- Move large fans towards open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing down on the soot could cause stains.
- Clean hard surfaces with a rag.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your house that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Smoke Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the professionals handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home had recent fire damage? Reach out to Paul Davis. You’ll finally get your home back after we finish our fire restoration services. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the smoke cleanup and fire repair services specialists from Paul Davis at 651.243.0737. Our experts connect you with the franchise closest to you.