Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
For the most part, mold is everywhere and, whether you can see it or not, chances are your home has mold lurking just under the surface. Mold is a part of nature, although the strain of mold that has spread in your home or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores move through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a location on shoes, clothing and animals. It is practically impossible for you to prevent mold infiltrating your house. You need to be worried when mold is growing in your home. Having an expert to speak with who will advise on the kind of mold present is priceless. Add to that an expert who will devise the optimal way for treatment and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential restoration services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When you have Paul Davis inspect your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has in depth knowledge in this field. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services as well basic mold testing. Mold causes damage to your house along with major health problems for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of an individual regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it lives in, this means the longer it remains untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the kinds of mold growing in your house and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic microbes.
With the variety of molds that can reside in properties, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis will aid in getting your house healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
Some common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold which grows both outdoors and indoors. It can be discovered in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. It can also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus easily enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp locations like wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less rampant household mold is lucky, as it is among the more terrible. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation like cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly allergic responsive mold is responsible for causing skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in houses after flooding or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a musty odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold grows in both cold and warm environments and spreads quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly found in soft goods and grows and spreads in cold weather. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold start out as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections and progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It thrives in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may know or suspect you have mold in your house call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection and perform the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate insidious mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.