The Old Farmer’s Almanac was right once again. This winter was the coldest and most brutal most of us will ever see in our lifetime, which is what makes today so fantastic. March 20th is officially the end of winter for the North America! Plus, it’s International Day of Happiness, promoted by the United Nations, which means you have even more reason to have a great day.
Besides welcoming warmer weather with open arms, we can gaze upon the colorful flowers and greener trees, taste seasonal fruits and vegetables, take part in outdoor activities, lay out in the sun and Vit-D (make sure to wear sunscreen), and be happier from the beauty and warmth surrounding us.
Here are a few things you can do today to make others around you have a better day:
1. Smile at each person with whom you make eye contact
2. Assist others in need
3. Say “thank you” and be appreciative of others
4. Call your parents, significant other and/or children just to say “I love you”
5. Complete acts of kindness, no matter how small or big
6. Volunteer your time or donate money to a good cause
7. Answer the phone with a happy tone
8. Give compliments to as many people as you can
9. Allow someone in a hurry to cut in front of you in traffic
10. Be nice all day long despite negativity that may approach you
Hopefully these few suggestions will brighten up your day as well as everyone around you, while enjoying the start of the spring season. Although most of us will be enjoying the warm temperatures, it also means that some are experiencing the aftermath of the chilliest winter including property damage. Remember to Call Paul if you have any property damage caused by fire, water, mold or storms. Paul Davis is there to help!
– From your neighbors at Paul Davis